+ Reply to Thread

Default Interior Brick Wall Sealing

I just finished removing a plaster wall from the interior brick. It was a lot of work but it looks really nice. It's in a bathroom and we'll be placing a big, clawed foot bathtub in front of the exposed brick wall. Any suggestions of what to use to seal the brick? Maybe something to bring out the color of brick? Thanks, Jim

Default Re: Interior Brick Wall Sealing

I have a similar question regarding sealing newly exposed interior brick without changing its matte quality as best possible. Has anybody used a particular sealant and been happy about the results? Thanks.

Talking Re: Interior Brick Wall Sealing

We just bought a house and on the back of the house a brick addition was added as a master suite. Today, we discovered a plumbing issue in our master bath which we can easily rectify. Since we're gutting that bathroom and started to remove drywall we noticed that the original back wall of the house (brick) is behind the wall in the bathroom. My husband and I love to mix old and new decor and we are refinishing an old clawfoot tub from his childhood home to use in that bathroom. We plan to add a very funky modern farm house style vanity and dress up the room with a little wainscotting around the bottom half of the wall. How cool would it be to have an exposed brick wall???? We know nothing about doing this but wondered if we had to do something to use it in our bathroom if it is at all possible. Any advice would be HUGELY helpful.

Default Re: Interior Brick Wall Sealing

Quote Originally Posted by Corine View Post
    I have a similar question regarding sealing newly exposed interior brick without changing its matte quality as best possible. Has anybody used a particular sealant and been happy about the results? Thanks.
    Hi Corine - I am new member and have the same issue with my newly exposed brick wall. Did you ever get a response to your question?

Thanks