+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Donate windows?

Default Donate windows?

I am in the process of replacing all the windows in my house. I would prefer not to but it seems like the best solution. They have lead on the exterior and dipping and striping is a costly and long process (not the replacements aren't) but its about the energy savings in the long run.

It would be a shame for these windows to go to waste and I was wondering if there is a company in the New England (Mass) area that would take them and put them to good use? It would be a shame to dump them in a land fill.

Anyone know of a place?

I'm also looking at Anderson, Pella, and Paradigm. I have never really heard of Paradigm before, but the contractor says they are the best, but I think they get paid to say that. Any help would be great.

Default Re: Donate windows?

I always heard Andersen were the best to go with, and I think thats a great idea to donate old windows...Let me see if I can find any details for you
    New homeowner in need of Hidden Content assistance.

Having Lead on the outside may not be a large problem (not a lead expert). Try Habitat for Humanity
    Harry

In the state of Mass, once you have your house tested it's sent to the state and they know that it's there. You are now liable. Lead isn't bad, but we have a new born on the way so it's state law that we are liable for removing the lead. They test the kids in the state for lead. The first place that they check is your home.

But I will check Habitat for Humanity. Thanks for the help.