+ Reply to Thread

Default Corian with yellowing

I have white Corian sinks and light beige countertops. I am beginning to see yellowing areas. I have tried cleaning with Clorox Cleanup, Ajax with Bleach but it helps very little. I am wondering why it is doing this and what to do about it.

Default Re: Corian with yellowing

Is the yellowing taking place only in the white sink....or on the countertops also?

Do you have any iron content in your water supply?

I'm assuming you are talking about the sink and unfornatuately this is not uncommon in solid surface sinks. it can be sanded out. it is made of the same basic material as the corian which in its simpliest terms is a dense plastic and can be sanded using micron paper it can be done relatively fast.

Quote Originally Posted by nah43 View Post
    I have white Corian sinks and light beige countertops. I am beginning to see yellowing areas. I have tried cleaning with Clorox Cleanup, Ajax with Bleach but it helps very little. I am wondering why it is doing this and what to do about it.
    This is typically caused by staining of a poorly sanded sink. Try using 150 grit sandpaper and sand in a circular motion. This should remove the yellowing.

After the stain is removed, you will need to sand up to about 400 grit to get a nice smooth finish. This will eliminate the yellowing in the future.

Remember, if the sink is truly stained and it won't come out, Corian has a 10 year warranty and it should be covered.