+ Reply to Thread
    Norfolk, VA

Question Repairing split in Coriane one piece sink and coiuntertop

Can anyone tell me how you can repair a split in a seam of coriane? It is a one piece sink and countertop. Three repair people came out to give bids and all said to cut out the sink and install a stainless steel sink in its place. Can't this be glued and clamped? What type of adhesive should be used? IF anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.
    Thanks from
    Cracking up in Norfolk.

Sand Springs, OK

Default Re: Repairing split in Coriane one piece sink and coiuntertop

have you checked with corian?
    Write them here:

What about the people who installed or sold you the unit?
    Debby in Oklahoma

first corian comes with a warranty, and I would first suggest checking with the installer to see if this isn't covered under the warranty. second if it is still under warranty than any work on the top would need to be done by someone certafied by corian to maintain the warranty. now if it isn't under warranty then you can get color matched adhesive which is an epoxy that comes in a two part tube with a special tip that mixes it in the tip as it comes out. but I would still suggest getting someone who is experienced with solid surfaces to do it. be prepared for lots of dust during the sanding process, to help minimize this cover and tape all cabinets shut so the dust doesn't cover all dishes and put plastic over the doorways going into the kitchen.

Anahiem, CA

The sink should have a warranty and will be covered from cracking for 10 years.

If you want to fix it on your own, it will be difficult but you could try two options.

First you could try getting some two part epoxy from a local fabricator and force the glue between the crack. This won't be a great repair, but may work if you can get enough glue down in there.

Second, you could clamp and apply a thin superglue. This will stop it from leaking until a real fix can be done.

Keep in mind these two suggestions are not the proper way to fix a cracked sink, but they may work if you have no other options.

Hope this helps,