Hi there! Forgive my lack of correct terminology but I am not handy around the house. Part of that is because I am a woman and the other part is no one has ever taught me.
My basement is unfinished. There is a drain in the middle of the floor with a small metal cover with holes in it. It got clogged...I have no idea how, but the water backed up and got everywhere. I literally used a plunger and the drain immediately opened back up and the water drained. The problem is I have a huge carepet that is laid on the floor just for added warmth. The carpet is wet. This all happened this last Saturday and now it smells musty and I'm wondering if it's moldy. I'm scared to even be in my basement now because of breathing mold. I don't know what to do and if my basement is safe.
I would appreciate any help you can offer me.