+ Reply to Thread

Default Where can I sell this?

My husband & I are remodeling a 1950's ranch style home. We are taking the house to the studs and just took off all of the original door knobs, cabinet knobs in the kitchen/bathrooms, and all other knobs in the home (on the entertainment built-ins, etc.) prior to the demo work. These are all original 1950's knobs and are actually pretty nice; however, we are into the modern look so these will not work for us. We have the crystal door-knobs on all doors and **** (very heavy) knobs on all kitchen, bathroom, etc. drawers/cabinets. Does anyone know where I can sell these?? I have never tried to sell anything on eBay, but will do it if there is no where else to take these. They are definitely "nice" and someone could refurbish, so I am sure that there would be some interest somewhere.... Thoughts??

Default Re: Where can I sell this?

Ebay is NOT a place for the faint of heart. I would recommend trying your local Craigs List, though you could easily post on any Craigs list nation wide. You may also have a local antique hardware dealer that is willing to purchase your items. Do some internet research to see what your style of hardware is worth.

Call some of the places that sell that kind of stuff in the back of your ToH magazine!

Paper shop is an option...Also Craigs List is better for your situation then Ebay.
    New homeowner in need of Hidden Content assistance.

I have an aversion to Ebay, don't ask why, I don't know.

I think that these places may find your things interesting

etsy dot com

(I am not allowed to write a URL yet. )

also another one you can try is Housewerk (google that one for the right URL)

depending on your area, google glass door knobs and see who comes at you. I know we have places here that are considered a historic district. I made fliers for my vintage sink and took them to the local cafes trying to find a bulletin board, perhaps the local market?

It is not easy, but I think trying to find homeowners vs. the store, is best. You will get more and they will save more. (cutting the middle man out of the pic)

Good Luck!
    Last edited by larravide; 04-01-2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: misspelled URL detail

Pack them all neatly in a box and send them postage paid to me. Seriously E-bay is a great place to sell them and it works well. I have sold many things and have never had a problem with any of my buyers or sellers.