+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Adjusting outlets in too deep for cover plate

Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    cuz we used to live there. ctrl keystone area. you wrong alot about cntrl PA.
    Well then I've been wrong since 1975.
    Just for giggles, how many NEC books have you bought?
    Even read a few of them from time to time....
    Last edited by Ernie_Fergler; 04-16-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Ernie .... would you be wrong if you were a Flyers' fan or a Penquins' fan ?

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Ernie .... would you be wrong if you were a Flyers' fan or a Penquins' fan ?
    We are Penn State !!!!
    Pro sports, except for the odd NFL game, bore me.
    Millionaires playing a game....
    Hockey players are crazy....

Hay Ernie, it was in inspector here in Ohio State University territory that told me about the spacers. You don't supose Blue Ridge's first name starts with "L" do you?
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 04-16-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Once a troll, always a troll.
    OSU always has PSUs number.
    It is the UM game that torques people in these parts.
    I buy those orange plastic spacers and i think GB makes green ones, but they are pricey. That is why I make my own.
    {Heading out to Happy Valley Saturday for the B/W game.** One big back yard cook out !!!

He also said faucet washers make good spacers also. Must be a Big Ten (11) thing.
    Jack

In these parts, there are different rules for contractors and homeowners. While technically everyone must follow code, contractors are held to a higher standard than the general homeowner, which is a very bad message to be sending to both sides of the coin.

Case in point, I had a client purchase an unfinished "owner built" home. My client hires me to come in and finish up - literally, drywall, paint, floor coverings, and general finish work - plus a few upgrades he wants, no problem. However, the building department had other ideas. Things that the owner builder got passed without hassle I suddenly had to retrofit and bring up to code. It added an unforeseen 25K to the job. The only saving grace was that the inspector that I requested for reinspects was willing to see reason and negotiate on some of the requirements. By that I mean that he agreed that some of the requirements were really not warranted, and he worked with me on compromises that kept the building department happy and the retrofitting costs to a minimum.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asc2078 View Post
    ReceptXtendersÍ - electrical receptacle box extender - 1/2" double gang extender

***! Is that what those things are for? I thought they were rough-in boxes for really thin walls. (Smiling)
    Now that's just silly asc2078, there's no back in it. All your electricity would fall out the back and fill your wall cavity.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    He also said faucet washers make good spacers also. Must be a Big Ten (11) thing.
    Jack
    Yes, they would !!!!