+ Reply to Thread

Default Opinions on Pittsburgh Paints?

I was just wondering if anyone has experience using Pittsburgh Paints. Is it on par with Benjamin Moore? Is it at least as good as Behr? Somewhere in-between? Thanks!

Default Re: Opinions on Pittsburgh Paints?

Yes, thank you that is good advice. However, I am specifically asking about this paint because I live in a very small town and I want to support my local hardware store, and this is what they carry. As long as it is average or better, I am happy to buy my paint there and help keep the store in business!

I have used Pittsburgh paints recently. It turned out beautifully. I did two coats in my bedroom but probably would have been fine with one. The depth of the color is wonderful and I admire it constantly.I would definitely use it again. I hope this helps!

I went ahead and tried the paint. I used the Manor House version, and I really liked the quality. The paint was thick, had great coverage, and dried quickly also. The only problem was that the color was different from the paint chip. Instead of a grey-blue, it was very blue. As a result, I chose a different color entirely and had to prime before putting on the new color because the blue was so dark.

I would use the paint again, but next time I will buy one of the small paint samples before committing to a color.