+ Reply to Thread

Default Slow hot water - kitchen faucet only

I recently installed a new kitchen faucet and have had a slow hot water trickle ever since.* The cold works fine.* I removed the water line from the faucet and only got a trickle so it's not the faucet. I think the problem maybe at the shut off valve but have no idea how to go about fixing it.* A picture of what I'm working with is attached. Can you help an inexperienced "plumber"??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KITCHEN SINK SHUTOFF.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	964  

Default Re: Slow hot water - kitchen faucet only

I think I would just replace that valve. Obviously something has gone wrong inside. When you take it off the other end maybe you'll see that something has simply slipped out of place but it's better to just get it out of the house and get a new one.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Thanks! Any advice on how to replace it?

Mineral deposits can sometimes greatly reduce water flow. These deposits can accumulate inside the faucet, the shutoff valve or inside the supply line. With hot water shutoff turned off, I would disconnect hot water supply hose at the shutoff valve. Use a mirror and flashlight to inspect opening. Use a wire to break up any mineral deposits. Also, inspect the water line that connects between the shutoff valve and faucet.

Jim

The best thing to do with these valves is evr six months shut them off and then back on a few times. The rubber will get stuck to the valve bodies and then the vavle if useless when you need to shut the water off. Or back on in this case.

Thanks! I will try these suggestions and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by atea View Post
    Mineral deposits can sometimes greatly reduce water flow.
    Jim
    I know with my galvanized, when I've replaced sections it would knock loose the accumulated rust inside and it doesn't much to block an opening.

That's why as future sections start to 'fail' I'm going to replace with copper.
    What I want is a celebration