+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Water on front porch ceiling, floor

Hi, I am having a problem with water pooling on the concrete floor and condensation forming on the beadboard ceiling of my front porch(open, not screened). Any suggestions would be much appreciated. This started happening recently as we experienced heavy rains and alternating cold and humid weather. The house was built in the 1940s in North Florida. Porch has a flat roof, from which I recently removed about a year's worth of accumulated leaves and dirt. I wonder if the debris was soaking up water and the removal allowed it to seep through, but we don't see water streaming down from the ceiling to the floor. It appears to be condensation. Help solve the mystery! Thanks.

Default Re: Water on front porch ceiling, floor

Have you thought about insulating the ceiling out there? Insulating the ceiling with styrofoam, plus putting in air vents. The air vents will allow excess moisture to escape. Sounds like a lack of ventilation to me.

Default Re: Water on front porch ceiling, floor

I think you could be right that possibly the debris was blocking the water from draining down. Proper roof ventilation will not only help with this, it will also help with helping your roof last long.