+ Reply to Thread

Default exterior paint scheme

I have a yellow brick 1920's tudor style home and I am having the most difficult time finding a color I like. I was hoping to make my house stand out in a good way, but did not want to go with the usual dark drab brown. This yellow brick is difficult to work with. HELP!!!

Default Re: exterior paint scheme

I started painting houses in 1983 and have had some success in picking colors. I am working on a 1928 stucco house that has a yellow/creme color that my customer wanted to brighten. I mixed a complemetary color that has some purple in it. The purple is not apparent but since it is the complementary color it is very effective. It looks like a deep beige. My customer had several friends evaluate the color combination and it was well received. I have painted the eaves in this "purple" beige[a mid-tone]and the stucco in a ****en creme color. I have done the 10 lite windows in a more pale[off white] version of the eave color. It works extraordinarily well. I don't know how well I have communicated this but if you have questions then respond. Rod

Tarkio, Mo. in the middle of this wonderful country.

Default Re: exterior paint scheme

Home depot has a exterior paint chart that shows alot of good color schemes.