+ Reply to Thread

Default HVAC communication

I've have an unusual set up in my home: Buderus wall hung boiler in basement with a water coil in the attic in front of a Carrier blower driven by a heat pump with an Infinity stat. The heat pump and electric heat are backup to the water coil and boiler. I have an outdoor temp sensor and a conventional thermostat controlling the boiler and the digital infinity stat controls the Carrier. Right now the Infinity system is off with the exception of the blower speed on low all of the time. The boiler cycles when the other thermostat calls for heat. I would like to lower the temp in the house when we are not home, which I can, but the recovery time is too long because of the fan speed is always on low. Low bcause of comfort. Does anyone know if the blower on the carrier system can be programed without actually heating or if there is anyway I can get my Infinity thermostat (digital) to control the call for heat to the boiler.

Default Re: HVAC communication

Because you have a hybrid system with individual thermostats currently it sounds difficult to try and combine them together.

However .... Infinty has a hybrid thermostat that may do what you want.
    http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...fortzone.shtml

Default Re: HVAC communication

Good link Canuk..I have one installed in my home, and I have had no problems
    New homeowner in need of Hidden Content assistance.