+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Easy Water conditioning system

Has anyone installed the EASY WATER conditioning system. I am considering it and just wondered how it works.

phoenixguyhere@aol.com

Default Re: Easy Water conditioning system

I have an EasyWater and I really like it. The salesman was very helpful when I called and explained what it would and wouldn't get from the system.

I have seen the hard water build up in my showerhead and dishwasher go away. There is actually water pressure again in my shower. I have an old water heater as well and it was popping and crackling before the Easywater and now it has stopped. I drained off some water from the water heater and all kinds of sludge came out. The system is obviously working.

When I get out of the shower I don't have that slimy feel on my skin anymore. That took a little adjusting but its okay.

I have had great results from my Easywater. I recommend looking into it.

BEWARE

Information on the web is only as good as it's source...of the 17 message boards i've seen asking this question. "Is easywater system any good?" the one constant is the ??? and always a single poster with "only a history of 1 post" claiming to have an Easywater system and how great it is.

Don't believe it do your own research,but I am calling schenanigans

The best independant information can be found at http://www.chem1.com/CQ/aquacrack.html.

For the rest of the clever marketing..Shame Shame Shame!!!

I put one in my house 3 months ago. It came highly recommended by our plumber, who's a big deal here in town. We had it professionally installed, but we probably could have put it in ourselves. Even though we were really curious about it, we did it anyway because they had a money back if not satisfied warranty.
    Well, we're very satisfied and we're keeping it. Our showerheads aren't clogged anymore and dear hubby loves not carrying the salt bags anymore. The plumber said it's cleaning our pipes and water heater from scale buildup, which is increasing their life span. We're sold. Mother is getting one next.
    Just my two cents.

I have heard nothing but positive feedback on the system, and I have recently installed one in my new home. So far, so good!
    Looking for information on Hidden Content in Florida.

What is the difference between a Easy and a regular water conditioner?

Exclamation Re: Easy Water conditioning system

I have been installing standard water conditioners in the Central Florida area for about six years as a small family business. All I install for the conditioning of water is standard salt-consuming softeners. I am considered an expert in the field of residential water filtration by my peers/competitors, and have cleaned some of the most atrocious water ever to be pumped from a well.

In a nutshell, conventional softeners work by passing the water with dissolved iron ions, calcium ions and manganese ions (primary contaminants in most water) through a reservoir of tiny resin beads. These beads rip the ions from the water molecules which hold them hostage, where the resin holds them hostage until salt ions come along and rip the ions away from the resin. Onward.

At first, I was a bit excited that I may have a new product to offer my customers. I was skeptical, as all good consumers should be. After some mild research, I am unconvinced that this system works, or does anything at all. First of all, I will answer the question directly prior, then try to be available for questions on a regular basis for as long as I can sustain the burden.

"The EasyWater signal wire is wrapped around a copper, PVC or PEX pipe. Electronic frequencies (not actual electricity) pass through the pipe and cause molecular agitation in the water (Faraday’s Law). In untreated water the minerals fall out of solution and float around in the water. These minerals look like tree branches, have an electrostatic charge on their surface and want to stick to other objects like your pipes. EasyWater treatment causes the minerals to fall out of solution and combine together with each other. As a result, these larger but still microscopic minerals look like discs or Frisbees, lose their electrostatic surface charge and thus their ability to stick to things. The minerals simply float with the water down the drain and do not stick to your piping, water heater or other water using appliances. EasyWater treatment causes the water to be stable and under saturated. This gives the water the ability to dissolve existing scale buildup as it flows through your home. About 80% of water exists as water molecule clusters held together by hydrogen bonds. EasyWater breaks these hydrogen bonds and causes the water molecule clusters to become individual molecules, which re-dissolve the existing scale deposits. EasyWater does not add or remove anything from your water. With EasyWater you get many of the benefits of soft water but are able to keep beneficial minerals in the conditioned water." -http://www.easywater.com/howitworks.aspx

I underlined some key points, and will address them in order:

Faraday's law deals with the electrical phenomenon that current (electricity) can be generated by magnetic field generation, in this case via electromagnetic radiation in wire. Ever made a magnet by wrapping wire around a steel rod? That is Faraday's law. Ever seen a flashlight that runs by cranking or shaking? Same law of physics. Why do you need to know this? That is exactly what I am trying to ascertain. I think they are just trying to sound vindicated by science. Faraday's law applied here says that you are going to generate an electromagnetic field in the water. Water is a dipole molecule, but I don't believe its molecular structure can't be altered by such a weak magnetic field. Perhaps someone just a little more brainy than me can read the contents of the following link and provide a bit of insight: http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/magnetic.html

Electrostatic is really just the principal of static electricity. So then if I am in this mindset, I am led to believe that these ions of iron and calcium that stain and crust on appliances are just little balloons that have been rubbed on each other's heads so that they will stick to the walls of pipes and such? Maybe, but I think the better explanation is that these ions find crevaces and rough spots on pipe and glass and stuff and they form crystalline structures. Ever done the thing where you grow crystals on a string that dangles in water? I have actually seen larger geode-like structures form in pvc pipe from iron and calcium.

Does not add or remove? So then it renders hard water ions impotent by making them pass through a weak magnetic field? Well, there are many older products that claim to do this (such as http://www.scalefighter.com/index.ph...allation_Guide) but for some reason are not distributed wholesale for widespread availability. If it works, why can't I as an industry insider buy one at any of my wholesalers? See also an episode of "Mythbusters" where they apply this same principal to the fuel line of a vehicle for the purpose of improving fuel efficiency. The short story is that it was busted.

What?!? It prevents them from sticking, but they are still available in the water for your benefit? Well, maybe that makes sense... except I thought they combined with each other? So then we have to define combine. They didn't define it for us, so I will assume that they mean that the ions will either combine chemically, or combine magnetically. If they combine chemically, they are no longer the same individual elements. If they combine magnetically, won't they just separate when agitated? Either way, if either of these two scenarios were possible, wouldn't they just naturally occur due to the magnetic forces of gravity or from the windings in the motor of a submersible pump? Whether it would or would not, it seems like a flimsy argument.

So, in summary, we have a product that is not available for distribution, only to individuals. They have a secret society of plumbers who install them if you don't feel you can wrap a wire around a pipe. They ambigously define how thier product works, complete with science that, at best, may explain how only small portions of the process work (If this is patented, why so secret?).

They also claim to remove hard water build up in your plumbing system. So, if you have had hard water and the science is 100% foolproof, then after this process takes place, the water is then free to redissolve more hard water particles. I wonder if this is covered in their guarantee period? I bet it takes as long or longer than the money-back-guarantee covers, and then you still have to deal with hard water scale without knowing the difference! I bring this up because I had a customer happen upon me with this problem. I installed a new system, it didn't help for a year until her pipes cleared.

Even if it does remove the build up, consider that this system may actually remove build up that is acting like a blood clot, preventing an indoor plumbing disaster. I have seen this happen on outdoor plumbing and most commonly on the drop pipe in a deep well. The scale actually protects the pipe from decay to a limited extent.

All things considered, more research is needed. I do not stand by this product, or their marketing model. I do not recommend that anyone buy this without considering that it may first and foremost be a scam. Then, please do research on your own. Prove me wrong or right, I'm happy either way, so long as people aren't getting ripped off. First of all, I am doing this to protect my industry, then to protect people against quick-fix schemes. Please don't take offence if you are a real person who installed one.

Lastly:

@ Showfan, As research, did you remove an old/defunct conditioning system? It seems as though you had softer water prior to this system being installed, as the slimy feeling you describe as being now gone in an indicator that your water was softer than it is now. Also, make a habit of draining your hot water tank at least once every six months, if you don't already. If you had sludge, your water supply also may produce sediment, which will buff the insides of your newly clean plumbing until it wears thin somewhere and bursts. Consider a product called Vu-Flow if this is the case. Rarely, the sludge and the past slimy feeling may be "bacterial" iron, which is an indicator that your water supply needs to be chlorinated due to potential groundwater intrusion to be 100% safe for consumption. I highly reccomend getting a water test that includes a test for coliform bacteria to confirm your need for chlorination. And if so, don't worry too much about chlorination, a carbon filter will remove free chlorine totally.

@ tvjules, you seem to have replaced an old/defunct conditioning system. Were you in contact with someone who can service these units? It seems that besides that, you replaced your system because you were tired of carrying salt? So then the system was consuming salt but not providing soft water? It sounds like the resin media was getting old. That is replaceable and I hate to say that you probably threw away a perfectly good water conditioning system that only required maintenance.

@ both of you, are you marketing bots? If not, can you please provide any literature you may have received upon purchasing/installation. As I have said, I am still vaguely interested in getting this for some of my customers and easywater is less than forthcoming.

John,

Go to "Become a Dealer" on the EasyWater web site and one of their representatives will contact you shortly. I sell the EasyWater system because it works, not because it's a scam. Salt softeners have been around for many many years and are still a viable alternative to treating hard water. But now, EasyWater provides a "no-salt" alternative to treating hard water. EasyWater does not try to over-sell their product. In fact, they will even tell you that salt softeners work better in some cases:
    "A good salt type water softener uses the same ion exchange process that it does on calcium and magnesium to remove a good portion of the iron in your water and reduce staining. EasyWater reduces iron staining but does not do as good a job as a water softener. A secondary filter will be necessary when iron staining is a problem."

"If you had a softener before, you will see more spotting if you do not wipe down the shower doors and faucets after use. Water spots left with a salt type water softener are less visible, but harder to remove."
    What EasyWater does "physically changes the minerals in water to prevent them from forming scale. A softener replaces minerals with salt." If you have existing scale in your pipes and appliances, EasyWater will clean that out too. If your customers are seeing that whitish-gray scaling around their water faucets and shower heads, then I highly recommend the EasyWater. Their 90-day moneyback guarantee and warranty are very generous when it comes to treating hard water. Your customers should start noticing a difference very soon.

When you do your research, you will find that there are many products on the market that claim to do the same thing as EasyWater. However, EasyWater's company has been around since 1986 when they started treating commercial and industrial facilities. They are clearly the industry leader when it comes to no-salt technology. They spent 15 years in research and development prior to releasing the EasyWater product in 2001 intended for residential use.

Finally, I wouldn't get too caught up with trying to figure out the mechanics of the EasyWater. I'm sure there are engineering and design specifications that they would prefer to keep confidential in their industry. The main thing is that the EasyWater works like they say it will. If your customers are a good fit, they follow EasyWater's recommendations, and install the system properly, then they will be satisfied.

Easy water is a scam. They wrap a coil around a metal water pipe and claim that electrical field penetrates the metal pipe and treats the calcium in the water.
    The conductive metal is a Faraday cage and no electro magnetic field can penetrate.
    Save your money-this does not work.

I submitted a complaint with the FTC about this product. Let us see what happens.
    Last edited by Daisy Dog; 11-15-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Dog View Post
    Easy water is a scam. They wrap a coil around a metal water pipe and claim that electrical field penetrates the metal pipe and treats the calcium in the water.
    The conductive metal is a Faraday cage and no electro magnetic field can penetrate.
    Save your money-this does not work.

I submitted a complaint with the FTC about this product. Let us see what happens.
    Thanks for exposing yet another hoax......... 21st century snake oil salesmen.