+ Reply to Thread

Default Grout between bathtub and tile wall

the contractor that redid the bathroom put grout between the tub and tile wall, the grout is now falling apart there.....will the dremel atachment tool help me at all there to remove that grout? being it isn't much of a flat area

Also what are the best bits to use it is a small space?

by the way i plan on removing the grout, and replacing it with caulking, do you have any pointers for that such as make sure to remove all the grout there etc.....

thanks for the help
    Last edited by lookingup; 04-03-2008 at 08:43 AM. Reason: forgot something

Default Re: Grout between bathtub and tile wall

thanks for the help, greatly appreciated
    Last edited by lookingup; 04-03-2008 at 10:44 AM. Reason: double posted

thanks for the help, greatly appreciated

I've had pretty good success using a sturdy utiliy knife to sc**** out crumbling grout between the tub and tiles.

Maybe worth a try.

in starting this job i need to cover bathtup with old canvas what is the best tape to use when doing so? duct tape, etc?

also when using tool to remove grout is it back and forth movement like cutting wood best to get this grout removed? i'm trying not to damage tiles.....thanx again

{Use a caulk which is rated for bath & tubs, is mildew resistant and is laytex not silicone (but may be siliconized which is not the same thing)**

i have this polyseamseal high gloss, Bio Guard......Tub and Tile Ultra kitchen and Bath Sealant.......it says it has silcone added to it........is this ok or would acrylic latex be better?

it also says water cleanup........lifetime warranty from what i've read silcone can be a beast to remove.....i'm thinking of taking this back and getting just acrylic latex what you think?