+ Reply to Thread

Question Drafty Storm Windows

I live in an older home with the old wooden double hung windows but, the original owners installed aluminum storm windows that have now reached the point where if there is a moderate to strong wind blowing they are letting in A LOT of cold air I recently discovered this after I installed plastic to the inside of a couple of the worst ones to my surprise when the wind blows the plastic covering just billows out like a parachute or something I do not have the funds at the present time to replace them but, would like to ask if there is anything to be done to improve this situation until hopefully,I can have them replaced ANY fixes or possible solutions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

drobersn@rhtc.net
    Mrs. Dianne Robertson

Default Re: Drafty Storm Windows

I am not a carpenter or a window expert. Just a dumb electrician LOL But even if they were sealed you would still have a leak. There should be little slots at the bottom of the widows to let water from condensation drain out so it does not rot your window sills. If water was present it also allows air in to dry out the wet wood or windows