+ Reply to Thread

Default Sticking interior wood doors

Any suggestions on how to deal with sticking interior wood doors? They all seem to have swollen this summer with the heat/humidity. My thoughts are: sand down the edges with a belt sander and repaint the edges. Not sure how good I'd be with a planer. Should I do something with the hinges instead?

We just bought our house in mid-February. It's 233 years old and has great character. We're very excited about all our home improvment projects.

Default Re: Sticking interior wood doors

You need to see exactly where the door is sticking and take off just enough material to make the door clear the jamb. But, make sure first that the hinges are tight. Also, can you post a few pictures. I'd love to see a house that age.

Default Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Grusvag View Post
    Any suggestions on how to deal with sticking interior wood doors? They all seem to have swollen this summer with the heat/humidity. My thoughts are: sand down the edges with a belt sander and repaint the edges. Not sure how good I'd be with a planer. Should I do something with the hinges instead?

We just bought our house in mid-February. It's 233 years old and has great character. We're very excited about all our home improvment projects.
    I tend to agree mostly but im still not sure I understand everything here