+ Reply to Thread

Default Quick connect PEX

Any experience with using the quick connects for PEX? I am experienced in using PVC and want to add a wash sink in the basement but house has all PEX and would like to put a T connector in that has quick connects going to the PEX and then let me use PVC for the other outlet. Do these quick connects really work as they seem to good to be true. I don't want to have to rent a tool to crimp the PEX if I can avoid it.

Default Re: Quick connect PEX

Quote Originally Posted by mbr_rainman View Post
    Any experience with using the quick connects for PEX? I am experienced in using PVC and want to add a wash sink in the basement but house has all PEX and would like to put a T connector in that has quick connects going to the PEX and then let me use PVC for the other outlet. Do these quick connects really work as they seem to good to be true. I don't want to have to rent a tool to crimp the PEX if I can avoid it.
    If you are talking about "Sharkbite" connectors, yes they work great. A bit salty, but that is the trade off...

Default Re: Quick connect PEX

I have used the quick connects on cpvc and copper and they work great. If you are using PEX be sure to use the stiffener so you get support from inside the PEX.