+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question water treatments systems

Looking for a good no salt water treatment,
    Has anyone use the no salt water treatment for more than 5 to 10 yrs., I found 4 methods of water softening, salt-free (catalytic media), salt based water softeners (ion exchange), reverse osmosis (ultrla fine filtration under pressure) & magnetic. When checking into the filter type softner, some of the systems would cost more (if change as often as they are really need to be change) then they are worth. on the magnetic ones if water not used by certain time, water goes back to hard water.
    Last edited by mjb_47990; 04-01-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: left out part of a sentence.

Default Re: water treatments systems

I vote for reverse osmosis. I used to work for a bottled water plant and they used this method for their water which really provided a better water purification.

they also offered systems, ion and reverse osmosis for the home. As an employee I got to try each system, the did all the maintenance so I don't know which one was the easiest to maintain though. I just like the taste of the reverse osmosis better.
    Debby in Oklahoma