+ Reply to Thread

Question Water leak underneath floor ,insulation wet..

jjcord29@verizon.net I own a mobile home and i'm trying to find a water leak under my mobile home. I have had plumbers come to my home to find the leak, with no results?? I noticed on my shower floor, water collects toward the door side of the shower. Is it possible that the shower stall and floor drain could be out of level and causing the water leak under my home? How can this be solved???
    Last edited by Joe C.; 04-01-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: left out info.

Default Re: Water leak underneath floor ,insulation wet..

I bet your right. the pan could have shifted because of a weakened sub floor. What causes it? I think it could be a couple of factors. Water could be getting out of the shower and weakening the sub floor where the flooring and shower pan meet. You or family members getting out of the shower dripping water can do the same thing.

A few weeks back Rich Trethewy showed a home owner the same trouble in her upstairs bath on ATOH.

So you need to make sure that your track for your shower door is properly sealed to the shower pan, the door is operating properly to keep the water in and that the grout between your flooring and the shower pan are in perfect condition.

If you want to go beneath the flooring to see if there's rotten wood you should be able to do that and replace it without going under the home.

oh and you should replace that insulation too.
    Last edited by debbysewn; 04-01-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Debby in Oklahoma