+ Reply to Thread

Default adding a shower system

question for anyone who has ideas about adding a shower unit to an existing bathtub unit only. what i am looking for is an exterior wall unit that shows the pipe on the outside of the wall. the wall already exists with the surround in place. i am looking for a spout unit that pipe unit can attach to with the shower head and mounts to the wall. i do not really want to take the wall apart to install a shower pipe in it. any advice would be greatly appreciated and put to good use.

thanks tad

Default Re: adding a shower system

here are some:
    http://www.galleriacollection.com/barclay/shower.htm

There are shower diverting bathtub spouts that have hand shower nozzles on them, I'm not sure that's what you are looking for but in a pinch this would work.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Default Re: adding a shower system

If I understand correctly.......

what you're looking for is readily available.

You would swap out the existing tub spout for one that contains both a manual diverter & a fitting to receive a riser pipe to the showerhead.

These usually/frequently come as kits complete with everything you need.

Not sure you'd find one at your local plumbing supply house, but big-boxes have them......and you can find more expensive units from suppliers that specialize in clawfoot tubs. (Look on the web for the latter)