+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Novice to kitchen cabinets

Last week I decided to remodel my kitchen and I want to save money while recieving a good quality product. I started reading up on RTA cabinets. Has anyone ever dealt with RTA cabinets? Or has more knowledge on this subject?

Thanks!

Default Re: Novice to kitchen cabinets

Derek-

If you are a novice to the whole remodeling business, then RTA cabinets are probably a good place to start. Make sure you do your research because ready-to-assemble cabinets come in a wide variety of price ranges and construction quality. I would avoid the big box store brands which usually consist of particleboard or MDF). Look for cabinets that have 1/2- 3/4 plywood construction for the cabinet box. Most RTA cabinets are coming out of China, so do some research and see if you can find the importer (you will get the best deal). If you want you do a search on Hubpages.com or Ezinearticles.com you will find a wealth of information about various cabinets. If you want some suggestions, you can try these two companies (I have had some positive experiences with them).

RTA Cabinet Store
    Kitchen Cabinets & More