I am so glad for this 'Board" where we can all exchange our problems and solutions. Here is my problem:
In December we replaced our Central Heat unit: Air to Air
Yesterday, i noticed an odor in the room across the hall from the unit. I looked at the vent in the ceiling and noticed condensation had formed and was dripping very slightly. This morning when I got up I checked the vent and there was no noticeable condensation, however around the vent prongs there was moisture.
The bedroom we sleep in is on the other side of the house and is about 5 degrees warmer. The thermostat is set at 72.5 degrees and to me the rest of the house is on the too cool side, but to keep the bedroom comfortable, not cool mind you, this is the setting that is most agreed on.
Our house was built in the 50's, concrete block and when the CH&A was installed, the duct work was installed under the ceiling and enclosed with soffits.
i might also say on a side note that the silverware drawer and the cabinet under the sink in the kitchen has very cool air that floats out when these doors or drawer is opened. Does anyone have any ideas about how to check this w/o tearing the soffits open or where to start?