+ Reply to Thread

Default Soterra marble nightmare

Soterra, a relatively new natural stone material -- in my case white marble -- seemed like a wonderful way to give a small (about 5 x 8) bathroom BIG appeal. The Soterra breaks easily, but with reproduction fixtures and lots of trim it produces stunning beauty. Within 2 weeks of use, however, the marble in the shower/tub surround began to darken from the tub upwards. Soterra's tech folk admitted to having a "wicking" problem that could be fixed by placing the panels in a small pool of sealer. By removing trim and forming a dam around the tub edge we were able soak the panels over several weeks until the "wicking" stopped. Back in use, however, the problem reappeared despite elaborate silicone work and 6 quarts of sealer. Now Soterra is giving us a runaround. Has anyone else had this problem? How'd you solve it?

Default Re: Soterra marble nightmare

I haven't ever heard of Soterra but you may need to contact the better business bureau or an attorney or both. It seems to me that they need to stand behind their product.