+ Reply to Thread

Wink shower faucets leaking

My house was built in early 70's. 3Bedroom/2Bath. The faucets in the tub/shower bathroom leaks. I got a new faucet. Have been unable to put it on. The shower/tub combination where the faucets and shower head is located, backs up to my sink, that has cabinets on bottom. I have been told that you have to go inside the cabinet and cut out area in wall where faucet heads are to replace them. The faucets leak quite a bit. Is there any way to replace these faucets with out going thru all of this?

Default Re: shower faucets leaking

Betty,

You shouldn't have to replace the entire faucet merely because it leaks. You may just need to replace the washers or seats. Check out this for further info.

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-repair...g-1280424.html

Good luck!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Taylor View Post
    My house was built in early 70's. 3Bedroom/2Bath. The faucets in the tub/shower bathroom leaks. I got a new faucet. Have been unable to put it on. The shower/tub combination where the faucets and shower head is located, backs up to my sink, that has cabinets on bottom. I have been told that you have to go inside the cabinet and cut out area in wall where faucet heads are to replace them. The faucets leak quite a bit. Is there any way to replace these faucets with out going thru all of this?