+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Cordless Screwdriver

Out of curiousity I once bought a 7.2v nicad cordless screwdriver. Turned out to be a surprisingly handy tool but it's a tad ungainly. The Hitachi #DB3DL 3.6v lithium-ion cordless screwdriver has the same features but it's half the weight, slimmer at the business end, about 5 in. shorter overall, and has a replaceable battery (with an extra in the kit) so there's no downtime. Bet it'll be even handier.

Default Re: Cordless Screwdriver

you should contact hitachi and write adds for them, must admit i like my hitachi cordless gear too!!

I am so tired of buying cordless screwdrivers that do no good. I am definitely going to go out and buy a hitachi next. Sounds like a winner!
    Thanks for recommending it!

I can't wait to get my Hitachi cordless screwdriver. I'm so excited I may buy two. One for each hand!

i stick to bosch and makita for drills, older hitachi for nailers, new hitachi air gear is junk
    fire up the saw and make some dust

I divorced my Dewalt cordless drill for the Makita, much lighter and easier to use and hopefully the batteries will last longer than the year that the Dewalts last.

Does anyone use the original cordless - no batteries required - hand drill brace?

I've found out that even the mightiest cordless screwdriver is not powerful enough for what I need it for. So I use a Makita 18V Li-ion.

End of story.

18 volt is the definitely teh way to go, i have 1 bosch nicad impact, a bosch lith ion impact, along with a 18 v lith ion drill. plus a ridgid 18v lith ion cordless hammer drill and a makita 18v nicad drill. for light duty things like installing cabinet hardware or door hardware i use a 12v lith ion ridgid drill, the lesser power is a little better because of how soft the screws that come with some hardware are.. they dont strip out as easy
    fire up the saw and make some dust