Replacing B&G dinosaur Boiler Pumps
I will soon be undertaking the project of replacing my 3 B&G dinosaur boiler pumps with TACO 007's. In theory the project should go like this:
1) close shut off valves to 3 zones
2) drain water out of boiler to reduce pressure
3) turn off system & pumps at breaker and check that correct switches were turned off (OK probably should be #1)
4) unscrew bolts holding old pumps in line (sounds easy, don't it?) go purchase sawsall
5) remove old pumps and clean area for new gaskets
6) install new Taco 007's
7) reconnect wiring (help here appreciated)
8) open shut off valves
9) hope I have an auto-fill system
10) check psi should be around 12 cold, yes?
11) go upstairs and bleed radiators
12) wait 3 months for it to be cold enough to turn on boiler to see if it actually worked
13) call professional for emergency service call.
Has anyone undertaken this project? Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by Landaverde; 08-08-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Reason: added pic