Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Warped Wall

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Warped Wall

    My husband and I just got our first house. Its not that old of a house (built in 1999). However we were about to start painting when I notice part of the wall was warped. Its right under a window so at first thought I thought it was the window was leaking. There was no signs of it being wet. Its just a small part under the window and not the full length of the window. At this point I am at a lost of what could be wrong or to whom to hire. Any thoughts are welcome.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Warped Wall

    It could be a few things, none of which are detrimental to the integrity of the wall. Most common is that an outlet or switch, or some other obstruction gets covered by the drywall, second most common is twisted or warped lumber used in the framing of the wall.

    A general contractor would be able to remove a section of drywall to assess what's going on behind it, make any necessary repair, and patch the drywall.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts