+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Smile radiant foil insulation

The heating and air conditioning in our house is not distributed evenly. Some rooms are cold in the winter and some rooms are warmer. In the summer some rooms are cooler and some are warmer. We would like to somehow distribute the heating and air conditioning evenly. We were at a home and garden show this weekend and spoke to a company that installs radiant foil insulation. They claimed If this perforated radiant foil insulation was installed in our attic not only would it distribute the heat and cooling evenly but also save 25 to 40% of our bills. Is this true?

Default Re: radiant foil insulation

They claimed If this perforated radiant foil insulation was installed in our attic not only would it distribute the heat and cooling evenly but also save 25 to 40% of our bills. Is this true?
    Personally I don't see how this would distrubute your heat and A/C evenly throughout the home.
    I think there's more to the issues than that.... lack of proper insulation and likely some issues with with the balance of the HVAC system.

I would suggest you have a heat/gain audit and evaluation of the HVAC sytem for you home.

Just a thought.