+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foam Insulation

Hybrid View

Default Foam Insulation

I just bought a 1975 2 story house in the south hlls of PGH.
    It has a generic insulation in it, black (crumbing)isulation board (I don't remember the name of it) and 3/8 drywall . I was at the Home Show in PGH this past weekend and came across a foam insulation product that a company insulright.com 1195 Third St. North Versailles, Pa 15137 800.895.8784 showed me. A tripolymer foam insulation that they use in 3 ways, one for new construction with open walls, old construction that compresses old insulation and fills the walls with no bulging (which I liked) and another foam that use to spray on the attic ceilling/walls and any air openings. In otherwords seals the attic up tight. I was told it was a breathable material with water being used in the product. I am confused about closing up the attic. My attic you can crawl in but not stand up. It is will be used for storage. The floor has pink over old cotton type insulation.

Again my question is about closing up the attic with this insulation foam. I like the idea if it safe to do to save on energy Loss of heat and a/c .

What about putting this b/w common walls in the house of sound insulation since it is 3/8 thick .

I will do all my wiring (electric, phone, cable and network before hand) and any plumbing updates.

I am working on this house before we move into it because of the mess with remodeling.
    Last edited by JamesDM; 03-11-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: wrong product