+ Reply to Thread

Default motion sensor switch for hot water recirculating pump

On the T.V. program, Richard installed tankless hot water heater, which I have just installed for my house and new 2nd floor addition. At the end of the install, he suggested a motion sensor switch to activate recirculating pump. I would like any information on the type shown. It was more attractive than your standard (lighting sensor switch). I also want to rough in the wiring and need to know if it is low voltage(like a thermostat for pump) or regular romex 14 gauge. Thank you for any help.

Red face Re: motion sensor switch for hot water recirculating pump

I recommend a Hot Water Lobster instant hot water valve over any other recirculation system! I've had recirculation systems in my homes for over 8 years now. They've saved me a lot of time and money, but pump systems always caused me problems. I went through 3 pumps over the first 5 years! They were costly, noisy, and didn't last long enough.

I did some research and found the Hot Water Lobster that is pump free, creates no noise, and uses no electricity! Itís has a valve that automatically opens and closes based on your desired temperature setting. The Hot Water Lobster is only $179.95, has a 10-year warranty, and is very easy to install. It only took me 10 minutes. I bought one for my home and another for my cottage. It is great that I can keep my furnace off at the cottage during winter and not worry about my pipes freezing! I've had both units for 3 years now and am very impressed.

Here's they're site:

www.hotwaterlobster.com