+ Reply to Thread

Default beadboardwith triple bead

i am remodeling an 1870 farmhouse. one of the rooms that will require renovation has beadboard with a triple bead. does anyone know where i might find this type of beadboard? i have scoured the internet, and have come up emptyhanded. thank you!

Default Re: beadboardwith triple bead

Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Any custom mill shop could replicate it as well. Sure it's going to cost a bit, but if it's one of those "gotta have" kind of things, then options are limited.

Good luck, and report back with what you find, it could help others with the same needs.

But this would give him a chance to buy a router, router table, and router bit and not have much more in it than the cost of a custom shop job. Always opt to buy more tools.
    Jack

DOH!! Now you tell me that!

If its a triple bead on beadboard, I am thinking you will need a molding cutter head for a table saw rather than a router/router bit. I did a google search and came up with some examples. I had to laugh at one of them indicating it is a "new" tool. I have a set that was bought with a 1950's craftsman table saw, not very new!

At any rate it would still involve getting some new tooyls so this doesn't violate the first rule of project planning which is....

There's no project worth doing that doesn't require at least one new tool/accessory purchase.

bp21901,
    I didn't say it was "a new tool" I said it was an opertunity for him to get a new tool. The router bit can be used on individual bead boards but you are correct if it has more than one set of beads per board or panel he would need to go to some kind of molding cutter like you discribe.

And I certainly agree "There's no project worth doing that doesn't require at least one new tool/accessory purchase. "
    Jack

Jack, I didn't mean that you said it was a new tool. One of the ads that came up in the google search did. Sorry for the cornfusion!

That's OK, at my age I'm easily confused.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    That's OK, at my age I'm easily confused.
    Jack
    What were we talking about????