+ Reply to Thread
    Kathryn4 Guest

Question old house indoor photos

I have an olympus camers and I need to use it for the indoor photos of old houses and various rooms. There is no electricity and only natural window light. The interiors are going to be dark as there has not been any remodeling done. These are historic any suggestions? Do I need to buy a wide angle lens? A Tripod?

Thanks,
    Kathy

m37734 Guest

Default Re: old house indoor photos

slow the shutter speed (need tripod for that)
    or if your using a 35mm film camera try using 800 or 1000 speed film. I take pictures by moonlight with 1000 speed film and it's illuminated beautifully.

good luck

Kathryn4 Guest

Thank you for the info. I have a digital - will get extra cards and
    pick up a tripod. Hopefully my camera has some setting also that I can look into.

Just an idea but you might want to try a photography forum to post your question along with the model # of your camera.

Also, the stores around me are selling 2gig cards for 20 bucks..... That's a lot of photos, a lot of super fine photos.

How about a battery spotlight?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I'm not familiar with Olympus but I have a digital Nikon SLR and here are some options I would consider:

1) ASA setting ("film" speed) - increase to somewhere in the area of 1000. Will tend to produce somewhat grainy photo's.
    2) Flash - Probably would need an external unit as they provide more light.
    3) External lighting - Most better digital cameras can adjust for color temperature. For example if using incandescent light, the camera can adjust. Also, most photo finishing software can do this too.
    4) Tripod will allow longer shutter speeds and lower ASA setting for better quality photos.

make sure to select a longer shutter speed. That will brighten the photo immensely.
    2009 kitchen remodel warrior

asbolute black granite
    Antique White Hidden Content
    Travertine 18" x 18" floor tiles.
    It looks Great!!

I did a set of documentary photos in a very old house, using Ektachrome slide film at asa 100. I used a tripod, as some of the exposures were 6 seconds. It was pitch-dark in there because of d****s and shade trees. The slides came out with beautiful detail and an unearthly quality because of the abandonment of the house. A tripod is a real must-have item for architectural documentation, right after a camera and a wide-angle lens.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.