+ Reply to Thread

Default Shower door hangs down

Our shower door hangs down and I have to pull up on the door to make it open and shut. I do not know what video is available to view, unable to locate the video. The right side of the door is the low side. It is a frameless type. There is only a metal strip on the left side with 1 screw at the top and bottom. I can lift the glass door up and the screws go with it! I have tried tightening them, but to no avail.
    Last edited by john lindsey; 08-20-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: new info

Default Re: Shower door hangs down

The glass may have slipped in the hinge brackets. You should be able to loosen the brackets and raise the door slightly. Use care because these doors don't like being man-handled or else they break.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If it is a framed door watch this http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/vide...630970,00.html

If it is a framless door, the hindge is pressure fitted on the door. I have had some success holding a piece of 2 X 4 on the top of the side edge and gently tapping the glass back in with a hammer. Care must be taken not to get to agressive.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

That did not work, I used a good rubber mallet for quite a while. It did not budge at all.

There are no brackets on this door, only 1 strip along the left side. We have lived in the newly built house for 1 year and the 2 screws are too tight for me to turn (I am a jet engine mechanic).
    Last edited by john lindsey; 08-21-2009 at 01:37 PM.