+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Wireless Monitoring of Tankless Water Heater Request

Hi,

Currently the water heater in this old house we live in is in need of a replacement. We are considering a tankless water heater & I am exploring a Wireless Monitoring method if possible, does any one have a suggestion were to research? A back-up plan is to use an X-10 Power-line Technoloy, hardwired I/O control methods & systems controllers.

Feasibility study in process.

Default Re: Wireless Monitoring of Tankless Water Heater Request

I am exploring a Wireless Monitoring method if possible, does any one have a suggestion were to research?
    What is it you want to monitor remotely?
    Sounds like this would be something that you would need to contact the distributor for.

Some manufacturers like Bosch have wireless control options available for their unit.

Perhaps you could Google "wireless monitoring systems hot water heaters" (without the quotation marks) to get numerous sites.

The site below carries many items in this category.

http://www.smarthome.com

Also confused...what is needing to be monitored? If the heater is sufficiently protected from freezing temps by being indoors and having a flue baffle installed, I can't think of anything else to monitor. As far as getting a unit, tho, I can only give you 2 thumbs up because that's all was born with. The only drawback to tankless is going to be sizing it. In cold climates, it will need to be pretty big or else the hot water will only be a trickle in the winter. But the energy saved by not heating unused water all workday & overnight is huge. Well worth it, best thing I did to my home.