+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the???

Default Re: What the???

Thanks for the info on the compressor. In the bedroom I'm redoing, I had to replace and level the sub floor (it sloped down almost 3" from one side to the other). I did it by putting shims on the joists, but in a 12X15 room that gets tedious. I know the proper way would be to "sister" some new level joists in, but I didn't want to hammer them in, and I wasn't too sure about screws. A framing gun would have been perfect (I bought the compressor kit after I was done shimming). I have another room to do on the other side of the sloping wall - maybe I'll get a framing gun for that. I did use the nailer to blind nail the shiplap floorboards, and my back thanked me for it. I used antique looking square-cut nails to top nail. I was thinking of getting a spray painter for the compressor to do the beadboard outside, but it's still too cold here.
    Geez, it almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about.
    Does an electric toothbrush count as a power tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    Does an electric toothbrush count as a power tool?
    It only counts as a power tool when your wife or GF asks you to throw in and clean the grout in the shower...... And, you borrow hers to get the job done.

A heads up on a sprayer. They take a large volume of air to operate. You may want to research that a bit before trying or buying

Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    A heads up on a sprayer. They take a large volume of air to operate. You may want to research that a bit before trying or buying
    That and they don't work all that well for paints. Air paint sprayers are better suited to lacquer based coatings and clear finishes (even better is an HVLP system ). For paint work invest in an airless sprayer. The nice thing about an airless is that you can spray your coatings, or buy a wand and roll the coatings as well (called a power roller ).

Hey!! Wait a minute!!! You're not trying to jack my perfectly useless thread into one of purpose are you ...

Hey!! Wait a minute!!! You're not trying to jack my perfectly useless thread into one of purpose are you ...
    What the .....???? ..... nerve of some folks

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    What the .....???? ..... nerve of some folks
    Blasphemy! Just blasphemy!!!

Since my original question has gone on to extol the virtues of Duh Big Box, here's a few trinkets that came up today. Enjoy!

http://www.homedepotsucks.com/
    http://www.homedepotsucks.com/horror.htm

Are you Blue with envy yet? http://techdirt.com/articles/20070924/040616.shtml

Hey Sprucey,

That new "Big" Menard's here that I mentioned....is opening on April 1st.

How appropriate, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    .is opening on April 1st.
    Any job openings? I could use the work.

NOT!!!

What do I look like, a fool?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Any job openings? I could use the work.

NOT!!!

What do I look like, a fool?
    If you're going to use profane words like work, you may end up being banned.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Don't worry Jack, I try to stay as far away from profanity as I can!

I could just see you on youtube, being slammed into your truck and wrestled to the ground and handcuffed by Rambo Granny.

Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 03-12-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb