+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Wireless Internet

Kent...and everyone else, too

Here's another reason to secure that router.........including a new unique username and password.

http://www.scambusters.org/pharming.html

(Punchline is at ..... "the second type of pharming" about half-way down the page)

I don't worry about little things like that,I sent all my money to a guy in Nigeria so he could get his $40 million out of the country and when I get my 20%..............

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I don't worry about little things like that,I sent all my money to a guy in Nigeria so he could get his $40 million out of the country and when I get my 20%..............

Jack
    Wait a minute!!! I sent all MY money to a guy in Nigeria too! I'm beginning to thing this might be a scam!

Surprise!!

I........am the guy in Nigeria.

How do you think I know all this stuff?

I really appreciated your cooperation, too.

رجاء أرسلت مال [ريغت-وي] ل ي إنترنت توصيل مال!

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Surprise!!

I came across a site that was scamming a scammer! If memory serves, it was the Nigeria guy premise, and a smart-patootie type responded to the scammer to see if he could scam him back and it worked! He had the scammer jumping through hoops trying to get money. I might have to go look for it again to share, you guys would get a kick out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Surprise!!

Well I hope you get the transfer done soon. I could use the money, because I have a guy in England that needs some money to get a couple of boxes of cash out and I'll make another 10% on that deal.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    I came across a site that was scamming a scammer! If memory serves, it was the Nigeria guy premise, and a smart-patootie type responded to the scammer to see if he could scam him back and it worked! He had the scammer jumping through hoops trying to get money. I might have to go look for it again to share, you guys would get a kick out of it.
    I remember that story, the guy sent an e-mail to the Nigerian and said he could not help him unless he joined his church. He wrote details of a cerimony he would have to go through including painting a symbol on his chest and paying a $100 (?) fee to join. The guy in Nigeria sent the fee and a picture of himself with the symbol painted on his chest. It was to funny.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I remember that story, the guy sent an e-mail to the Nigerian and said he could not help him unless he joined his church. He wrote details of a cerimony he would have to go through including painting a symbol on his chest and paying a $100 (?) fee to join. The guy in Nigeria sent the fee and a picture of himself with the symbol painted on his chest. It was to funny.
    Jack
    Actually, the story I'm aware of the scammer was asked to provide a sample carving of an arbitrary object (a Garfield figurine ). At the expense of the scammer it was to be created and shipped to the prankster, at which point the prankster found something "wrong" with it to dismiss the scammer. Each time, however, the scammer begged for another chance, so the prankster would order a different carving (the keyboard of an Apple computer ). The carving work wasn't likely done by the scammer, but the craftsmanship was pretty amazing.

Here's that link. It's a bit of reading, but there are many humorous things. Pay special attention to the pictures and "damage" found.

http://www.419eater.com/html/john_boko.htm