+ Reply to Thread

Smile I want to remodel my front and back porch

My house is a New England Old Farm House. I will like to remodel it to its original look. The house is about 108 yrs old. The front and back porch needs alot of TLC. The paint is faded and the railing is only about 26 inches high. I know I have to get higher railing because Mass law requires 32inches railing or higher. Besides the stair railing in the front porch is falling apart and the back stair railing is iron and the stairs are cement. Can you please give me some ideas of how to remodel the front and back porch. Which kind of wood, paint and railing should I use.

Thank you.

Default Re: I want to remodel my front and back porch

It all depends, are you talking about restoring the porches or making them look like original, white or color, and what style. Pictures of what you have would help.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: I want to remodel my front and back porch

Quote Originally Posted by Lissette View Post
    My house is a New England Old Farm House. I will like to remodel it to its original look. The house is about 108 yrs old. The front and back porch needs alot of TLC. The paint is faded and the railing is only about 26 inches high. I know I have to get higher railing because Mass law requires 32inches railing or higher. Besides the stair railing in the front porch is falling apart and the back stair railing is iron and the stairs are cement. Can you please give me some ideas of how to remodel the front and back porch. Which kind of wood, paint and railing should I use.

Thank you.
    Do you have an old picture of the house ?
    It will help you to remodel exactlyyy as it was before.
    You can also go the municipality and try to get structure plans of the house and see how the railing was .... maybe there will be new discoveries.
    And please post the pics.you can also try this two sites reef club, kevin garnett.
    Last edited by diamondblast; 09-23-2008 at 04:29 AM.