+ Reply to Thread

Default lights too getting hot?

bought my first home and it has new pot lights installed in a suspended ceiling. it seems as the lights are running to hot maybe and the GU 10 halogren light biulbs have bee dropping(glued on) their uv glass filters from the bulb itself. i checked the voltage with a multimeter. it said 106 volts? any suggestions

Default Re: lights too getting hot?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    bought my first home and it has new pot lights installed in a suspended ceiling. it seems as the lights are running to hot maybe and the GU 10 halogren light biulbs have bee dropping(glued on) their uv glass filters from the bulb itself. i checked the voltage with a multimeter. it said 106 volts? any suggestions
    Check voltages in other places about the house. See what those readings are.

Default Re: lights too getting hot?

check the voltage at your outlets on the same circuit. it should be from 115volts to about 125 volts sometimes higher. Also check the light fixture to make sure the bulbs you are using are correct for that fixture. if you remove the old bulb the light trim should be marked with the approved bulbs and wattage for that fixture. if it is not marked then gentle pull the trim out of the can light. the bulb and wattage type should be marked on the housing.