+ Reply to Thread

Smile My first home too!!! :)

Hello everybody! I am excited to start using this site and connecting with others like me. I bought my first house last year (and got married) and am so excited to fix it up. It was in move in material but the man who lived here before us was an alcoholic and did a terrible job on all his work. (He died at like 55 from sclerosis of the liver and that is why we got the house.) Paint jobs are bad (he painted on all the metal work on the doors), woodwork is crooked....just awful.
    I fell in love with this magazine after looking through some issues at the library when I first bought my house and got a subscription. But this website is amazing for looking up help fro soemthing fast coz I can't always remember what issue on my shelf I read something in.
    I am starting my first project. Getting the wallpaper off the bathroom walls to paint the walls and stripping the hideous hunter green paint off the two solid wood bathroom doors and refinishing them. My husband came home last night at midnight from game night with his friends and was like, "What are you doing?!" I had taken the doors off the hinges and taken what metal pieces off that I could and had them soaking in a crock pot. LOL He was like, "I can't leave you alone for a minute". He s definitely not as excited or gung ho about redoing the house as I am. Which is a shame because he is the one that knows how to do everything...like replace windows, drywall, and do some electrical work. Anyway, I've said enough. But I am glad to be here and look forward to many discussions with many of you!!!

Default Re: My first home too!!! :)

Welcome aboard, we've got a lot of knowledgeable folks here that can help you through just about anything. Good luck with all your projects.

Default Re: My first home too!!! :)

Welcome aboard. And remember to whisper sweetly in his ear when you want something done and tell him what a wonderful job he's doing, we men can't resist that. Hope you'll be able to post pictures of your progress.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb