+ Reply to Thread

Default light switch toggle

I am trying to locate replacement switches for these that I have in my house. The housing is ceramic. One of the switches I have is broken. (see photos)

Anyone have a source for theses?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	583  

Default Re: light switch toggle

Just to reiterate what DB said; Doubt you will find a new replacement for your switch.

But, if you want to maintain a period look and canít stand the thought of a modern toggle replacement, they do make the two push button switches and covers.

Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    Just to reiterate what DB said; Doubt you will find a new replacement for your switch.

But, if you want to maintain a period look and canít stand the thought of a modern toggle replacement, they do make the two push button switches and covers.
    I have CSA & UL approved modern push bottom switches in my 1918 built home. It is amazing how many people notice and comment on them.
    The switches and cover plates are a bit salty though, but well worth it.

Rejuvination.com is a good source for period replicated pushbutton switches. Be prepared to dish out the dough, though. I think the switches run between $17-$25 per switch. A real nice look if you're serious about keeping the period feel.

Thumbs up Re: light switch toggle

Hi - Try looking at a website called Pales In Style. They are an Australian company that makes reproduction switches. I have used the deco bakelite in another house and they work great. I am about to order the toggle style ones for my current house. I thought the other people replying to you were very snarky and I would ignore them. Obviously you want your home to be safe but want to be able to keep it looking period appropriate. There is always a solution to a restoration problem it just requires imagination and perseverance to find it. Good luck with your home!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkvintage View Post
    ............ I thought the other people replying to you were very snarky and I would ignore them.
    ?.........Scratches head trying to figure that one out.

I am with Kentvw safty first looks second.....

Thumbs down Re: light switch toggle

Hey pinky-Do we really need to resort to name calling? What are you, in 5th grade? The good people here taking time to answer questions are mostly professionals who are trying to offer their honest opinions. They are opinions. If you want to disagree, fine. You don't have to resort to childish name calling.
    By the way, are these so-called Australian wonder switches UL listed for use in the US?