+ Reply to Thread

Default Why the new contractor?

Does anyone know why the contractor was replaced on the New Orleans project? I missed a minute of the show where it may have been explained.
    I can't imagine anyone not wanting to work on a TOH project.

Default Re: Why the new contractor?

The homeowner felt he was spread a little too thin so she let him go.

I figured that meant he had more than one project going and he couldn't keep things moving on her project.
    Debby in Oklahoma

They explained a bit more at the beginning of this week's show. The GP was a friend of the homeowner's and she felt he wasn't able to keep up with the deadlines so she let him go. Lesson learned.

Oh that's good to know, we're not going to have shows for 2 weeks so I'm going to be so far behind.
    Debby in Oklahoma

the reality shows are the only shows that didn't suffer because of the writter's strike.

Ohh, c'mon, didn't you watch this past weekend's show? They have a new contractor because the first one had the entire project messed up so they fired him.

Did you see the pile of debris scattered outside? It went from the front of the house clear back to the end of the lot. Have you ever seen a TOH project where the site looked like a landfill?

Inside, the new addition floor was 1 1/4" higher than the existing house floor, the stairs were totally fouled up and had to be torn completely out and rebuilt. Some of the plumbing was installed wrong and had to be redone (by the time it was found out drywall was already on the walls so that had to be torn out as well) and God only knows what else was wrong.

Despite what was said this past weekend, the previous General Contractor was not "let go" because of "time constraints" nor was it because he "had other work to do". He was fired, plain and simple.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by misfitter View Post
    the reality shows are the only shows that didn't suffer because of the writter's strike.
    It's not the writer's strike that pushes my viewing off schedule. We're having our PBS fund drive for 2 weeks and that keeps TOH and ATOH off the air for both weeks so that they can show the same DooWop reunion that I've seen every year, now twice a year for the last 25 years.
    Debby in Oklahoma

***- yes I did notice the lack of a dumpster two episodes ago. In fact I mentioned it to my wife, who just rolled her eyes.
    ...but I figured something was up. It makes it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by debbysewn View Post
    Oh that's good to know, we're not going to have shows for 2 weeks so I'm going to be so far behind.
    Debby I am not sure where in Oklahoma that you live but OETA has the show on late at night, actually Friday morning depending on the schedule, but sometime after 12:30 am to 2:00 am.