+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dry fog

Default dry fog

thats what is! Any body know much about it?

Default Re: dry fog

Kinda cryptic.........but since you posted under painting I'll suspect that you're spraying a finish and having some problems.

What type of finish?

Type of spray equipment?

What kinda temps and humidity where you're spraying?

Result you're getting on the surface is gritty/grainy...yes?

Do you mean dry fall?

Do you mean dry fog coatings?

Dry fog coating means a coating formulated and recommended only for spray application such that overspray droplets dry before subsequent contact with incidental surfaces in the vicinity of the surface coating activity.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I have not done it yet. But there is some humidity down there. Really dont want to rework all the metal ducts in my basement. I think if I finish all the walls out with dry wall I can save some time and money using this stuff on the existing ducts, floor joist, and plumbing pipes instead of finishing the ceiling with drywall. Will it work? Or will it look stupid?

Nope. Never used any product by that name or in that category......if I'm understanding correctly.

dry fall or fog paint is used usually in commercial applications. The paint dries to a dust after it falls about 10feet, so it can be swept or vacummed up rather than being overspray that coats everything or needs to be masked off. In a basement I think a standard airless sprayer would do what you want.
    Whether it looks stupid is up to you. If you don't like the look, it can always be covered up.
    Besides drywall on the ceiling, a few companies make a ceiling grid that is meant to be attached directy to ceiling joists so you don't loose any headroom in a basement, but will still allow access to pipes, etc. Ceiling Max & Ceiling Link are two.
    Last edited by ed21; 02-24-2008 at 10:49 AM.