+ Reply to Thread

Question Leaky Tub Faucet

We have a leak in our bathtub faucet...the house is over 50 yrs old..the tub and faucets look to be the same. The faucet is tiled and the leak is coming from the spout..under the spout seems to be calcium/lime buildup and the the spout is corroding. How do we replace the faucet? We assume we have to cut the tile and replace that too.

Default Re: Leaky Tub Faucet

Depending on if the plumbing and faucets are original you may need to do some extra .... you might as well work also. .... hopefully the plumbing is backing on an interior wall.

If that's the case then it may be easier to cut an opening in the wall of the adjoining room to access the plumbing then damaging the tile work.

Just a thought.

If you're just looking to fix the leak, you can replace the washers in the valves, you don't have to replace the whole thing. To replace the entire valve will require opening up the wall to get to the plumbing connections, remove the old, install the new, replace the wall and bath surround.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yeah I would try and stay away from replacing the whole thing if I were you. We didn't need to replace the whole thing, just the washers which was a big plus!
    New homeowner in need of Hidden Content assistance.

I agree...... if you don't have to .....