+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stores

Default Stores

I am looking for a quality hand tool outlet that sells framing tools as well power tools and toolbelts. I have been to the woodcraft stor but they dont sell tools for the home builder. I live in the boston area. Sometimes I just dont trust ****** dealers, plus I really like to examine the tools that I get before I buy them.

Default Re: Stores

Do you have a Lowes or Homedepot there. They carry DeWalt, Ridgid,Bosh, Ryobi,Porter Cable, Delta, Etc.?

I have bought some HF tools because they are cheap, we seem to loose a lot on the farm, but I stay away from their electrical tools.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Im looking for an occidental leather tool belt a new douglas or stiletto framing hammer. Somthing on the expensive side. Because you really have to wear a toolbelt. It is hard to do that over the internet or through a catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddan View Post
    Im looking for an occidental leather tool belt a new douglas or stiletto framing hammer. Somthing on the expensive side. Because you really have to wear a toolbelt. It is hard to do that over the internet or through a catalog.
    I bought on a whim last year from Home Depot an 11 pocket all leather tool belt that sells for about $100 bucks - it has surprised me in that it has held up fine and overall seems well made... so much so, that this past Christmas I got one for my father.

You won't find Douglas Tool hammers anymore, they're out of business. Recently I had 2 different stores trying to each get me 2 different models, they both can back with they're not available.

And the above advise about Harbor Freight, forget it... they have some ok tools (see http://woodworkerszone.com/wiki/inde..._Freight_Gems), but for the most part it's China made junk that would barely last one project.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddan View Post
    I for one have given up leather belts years ago. The longer you work the less weight you like to lug around. But that is just me.