+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clog air vent

Default clog air vent

hi,

since I purchase my home in 2004 one of my bedroom air vent is clogged. Air flow is very low and no heat come out of it. I try to stick a vacuum in the duct but no luck. I ever try to stick a mini video camera to see but after going 16 the duct took a hard turn and could not see any further. I try to call HVAC people but they are puzzle too. It seem like clogged air duct from upstair take a dive in between kitchen wall then under garage to furnace. Help? Should I take furnace duct off next? Is it easy to do?

Default Re: clog air vent

Make sure the damper is open -if not the damper may have broken at the main connection so take it apart there first.sometimes the tap has a scoop on the fitting to help push air in the duct,sometimes that gets installed backwards or gets folded or bent and blocks the air flow. The duct is either screwed together with 5/16th head screws or st****d and taped if its flexable duct and painted with mastic -you will have to razor cut at the connection and may break the fitting.But they are cheap and can be reinstalled without much pain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	176.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	742  

Default Re: clog air vent

I think vent is somehow disconnected once it drop down under concrete floor. if i tap into another vent nearby in garage ceiling do I need to do a math calculation? eg size of vent and how far? etc etc?