+ Reply to Thread

Default need to raise floor need insulation ideas

We need to raise our floor by about 4 inches. Underneath is a dirt floor crawlspace and little to no insulation. Planning to just build up over existing floor which is original pine. Hate to cover that up, but need to get the rooms level and this seems to be the most cost efficient. What can I put between the layer to get the right amount of insulation? Do I need to do anything underneath the original floor? Access to the crawlspace is very limited.

Default Re: need to raise floor need insulation ideas

You need to put plastic on the dirt.Then bat insulation in between.Or 2 part expanding foam. But you need to see what the wood looks like underneath above the dirt.If its ok it can be treated for future mold growth with an inhibitor.

Thank you. But, who do I contact to do such a thing? How expensive is it? I will need some very small people to do this as the access is so limited. Also, can I put anything above the original flooring and below that new flooring to help insulate?

bump. Is there anything wrong with insulating between the 2 floors? What should we use. There is defintily air coming up through the floor now.