+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Insulator idea needed

I am putting siding on my house and the Main power linefeeding into the house is sort of beat up..the insulation is the old colth sort..My dilema is either find a way to insulate the wire..or replace the whole wire..Any innovative ways that I can insulate the wire and save some money?..Because the siding has put a pinch on my resources

Default Re: Insulator idea needed

Sorry but you are going to have to replace the wire. You might want to call your power company and check with them. They may be responsible for the line running into your meter. Also you might find that you get cleaner power with a new line. Old power line can actually "leak" electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgworldwide View Post
    Sorry but you are going to have to replace the wire. You might want to call your power company and check with them. They may be responsible for the line running into your meter. Also you might find that you get cleaner power with a new line. Old power line can actually "leak" electricity.
    OK , I'll bite . What do you mean by " leak electricity " ?

Your budget will be even tighter if the house burns down. Call your electric company.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb