+ Reply to Thread

Default moisture damaged dry wall

I have metal framed, twin paned windows with marble sills. The drywall at the sides of the windows is crumbled at the bottom where the sills are - I assume due to condensation (I live in a cold climate). Does anyone know of a fix? Replace the windows with wooden frames?, Is the marble sill the problem? more wall insulation? Have Tom Silva come take a look and due the fix for me? (I like this one best)

Default Re: moisture damaged dry wall

I think that the windows weren't sealed properly.I would try low expansion foam to seal in between the window and the wall framing.

Default Re: moisture damaged dry wall

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    I have metal framed, twin paned windows with marble sills. The drywall at the sides of the windows is crumbled at the bottom where the sills are - I assume due to condensation (I live in a cold climate). Does anyone know of a fix? Replace the windows with wooden frames?, Is the marble sill the problem? more wall insulation? Have Tom Silva come take a look and due the fix for me? (I like this one best)
    quite often this is due to improper installation of the windows. and the marble sills are surely not the problem, matter of fact them in place actually will help protect the wood below since the water would be shed off instead of soaking the sill also