+ Reply to Thread

Default Can I increase my house's water pressure?

What determines your house's main water pressure? I have well and septic, and there is a pressure gauge that reads about 36 psi. Is that low?

Default Re: Can I increase my house's water pressure?

You may have a pressure switch like this

which has 2 screws under the cover one adjusts the low/on pressure and the other screw adjusts the high/off pressure. There should be a lable on the inside that tells which is which.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

The water pressure is determined by your well's pump and the increase of the pressure from that pump is best determined by a well tech but I dont think so unles you want to invest in a water 60 foot tower youd have to buy a different pump. do you have a tank to reserve a volume of water to help regulate the pressure and alleviate the tank. I saw an episode of ask toh that might help you. check the archives.

By the way the switch I referenced above usually comes preset to 20 to 40 lbs (most common) or 30 to 50 lbs. depending on where you get it. They are generally installed as set unless you ask to have the pressure increased.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

On my system, the pressure switch that Jack shows is plumbed in a "T". I have had to clean sediment off this pressure diaphragm in the past to get it to operate at the right pressures. Also, if you have a pressure tank on your line from the well, it may not be working properly which could make it seem like you have "low pressure". A bad pressure tank will also make your pump work harder by cycling more.

The water pressure is determined by your well's pump and the increase of the pressure from that pump is best determined by a well tech but I dont think so unles you want to invest in a water 60 foot tower youd have to buy a different pump. do you have a tank to reserve a volume of water to help regulate the pressure and alleviate the tank. I saw an episode of ask toh that might help you. check the archives.

Sorry meant ot say alleviate the pump.

Thanks for the info.