+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slope

Default Slope

The street I live on is on slope and my house is the last one. Because of the slope the left side of the property (at foundation wall) gets water collected. The property next door in bit higher then mine so rain water flow towards my property naturally. How I can possible let the water stay way from left side foundation wall. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Slope

How much distance between the side of your house and the property line? Also, what is the height difference between the foundation and where your property begins? Is there any chance you could do a retaining wall on or near the property line and then level off your side of the wall?

Joe-NY

How much distance between the side of your house and the property line?

It is about 3 feet or little more

Also, what is the height difference between the foundation and where your property begins?

May be about a feet or less. The problem is there are two basement windows well. I unable to create much slope becuase of windows well

Is there any chance you could do a retaining wall on or near the property line and then level off your side of the wall?

Yes, it is possible but what about windows well

One thing, what kind of soil I should use to create a slop. Is clay good?

My mother in law"s house is like this only she's the 2nd one from the bottom. We bought the house next door after lengthy court battles about rainwater runoff and the woman that once owned the house then we put in a drywell system like they did in Cambridge.

I think clay would provide ample run off but I really don't know if it's a good idea to use it this way.
    Debby in Oklahoma